Accidents at Crowded Shopping Malls During the Holidays
Posted By Salvador Law Group || Oct 18, 2017
The holidays are here, which means most of us will be shopping at our local malls to buy gifts for our friends and family. Although shopping can sometimes be fun, it can also be dangerous during this time of year. From crowded stores to wet floors, holiday shopping is full of potential hazards. In this blog, we explain what you need to know to stay safe while you do your holiday shopping.
Malls draw huge crowds of people during the holidays. With this, comes the increased risk for accidents and injuries. This is why it is important to be aware of common accidents that happen in crowded shopping malls. There are two types of incidents that tend to occur in this environment:
- Slip & Fall Accidents
- Theft & Assault
The first type of incident falls under premises liability law, while the second falls under criminal law. You should consider these risks before you decide to head out on your next holiday shopping spree.
What If I’m Injured While Shopping?
If you are injured while shopping at a crowded shopping mall, you should:
- Immediately seek medical attention
- Document the accident scene before violations can be repaired
- Write a detailed description of the incident
- Report your injury to the store manager or mall management
- Have your injuries recorded and ask for copies of investigations related to your injury
- Consult with an attorney before speaking with the other party’s insurance company
- Speak with a lawyer to determine all of your available legal options
At Salvador Law Group, we believe that negligent shopping malls should be held responsible when their oversight or carelessness leads to the injury of others. Our team of lawyers is available to serve you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Let us put our skills to work for you.
Contact our Phoenix team of premise liability attorneysto get started on your free consultation.