Worried About Facing Criminal Penalties?
Criminal Defense Lawyers in Phoenix, AZ
In Arizona, the nature of a crime directly relates to any future sentencing and criminal penalties. Different classes of felonies and misdemeanors carry varying degrees of criminal penalties. Our aggressive criminal defense team at Salvador Law Group, can help diligently represent you to ensure that you are not overcharged and do not suffer more severe criminal penalties than your crime warrants.
Unsure how to proceed? Call our Pheonix criminal defense attorneys at (602) 842-6222to request a free case evaluation.
Classes of Felonies & Misdemeanors
Arizona classifies different types of crimes based on their severity from those that cause the most physical harm or property damage, to those that cause the least.
Felonies are classified as:
- Class 1 Felony – The most serious crimes, these include first and second degree murder and can have a sentence of 25 years to life in prison, with the possibility of the death penalty for first degree murder.
- Class 2 Felony – Five years in prison to up to 12.5 years for aggravated crimes, such as assault.
- Class 3 Felony – These felonies include major drug crimes and can have penalties of up to eight years in prison.
- Class 4 Felony – Two and a half years in prison for convictions including property crimes and certain theft crimes.
- Class 5 Felony –Up to two and a half years in prison for crimes such as prostitution or pimping.
- Class 6 Felony – These are the least serious cases and have a sentence of up to one year in prison. A strong defense may also be able to negotiate a Class 6 offenses to a misdemeanor.
Misdemeanors are classified as follows:
- Class 1 Misdemeanor – Six months in jail and a fine of up to $2,500
- Class 2 Misdemeanor – Four months in jail and a fine of up to $750
- Class 3 Misdemeanor – Up to 30 days in jail and a fine of up to $500
The aforementioned sentencings are presumptive and judges have the discretion to increase or decrease sentencing based on several factors, including but not limited to, whether the person is a first time offender, has a previous conviction, and other mitigating or aggravating factors associated with the crime committed. Fines and reparations can also increase with the severity of the crime.
Need More Information?
Turn to Salvador Law Group for Guidance.
No matter how complicated your criminal case may seem or how daunting the criminal penalties may be, the first step in a good defense is learning the facts and contacting an attorney as soon as you learn of a criminal investigation or accusation. With the assistance of Salvador Law Group, you can rest assured that our Phoenix criminal defense lawyers can help aggressively fight for your rights to help ensure that you are not being overcharged for your crime.
Contact our Phoenix office as soon as possible for the dedicated legal counsel you need.