Phoenix Fraud Lawyer
Call Salvador Law Group Today!
In Arizona and all over the U.S., the consequences for a fraud charge and conviction are severe and can result in lifelong difficulties. Unfortunately, there is a stigma that follows those with a criminal title, including those charged with fraud, that has the ability to affect a person’s living situation, career, relationship with his or her family and friends, and more.
If you have been accused of committing fraud, it is of the utmost importance that you contact a Phoenix criminal defense lawyer right away. Over the years, we have seen many innocent individuals who were caught in, what is called, a government net and charged with fraud. At Salvador Law Group, we are backed by the skills, resources, and experience needed to prove your innocence. Do not wait to speak with a member of our team today.
Call our Phoenix fraud attorneys, and let us fight to protect your right!
The Definition of Fraud
Fraud is a broad term which covers a myriad of types of illegal transactions. Acts of fraud typically include the following elements:
- A knowing falsification or omission
- The falsification or omission benefits a person or persons
The benefit does not have to be money, and the crime does not always include a requirement that a person relies on the falsification or omission. According to the laws of Arizona, an individual who executes a scheme to defraud or obtain some sort of benefit using fraudulent or false pretenses, omissions, or promises is guilty of fraud, which is considered a Class 2 felony.
Types of Fraud
There is a wide range of fraud charges, all of which can be brought on the federal or state level, including:
- Mail Fraud: This type of fraud includes any scheme used to defraud another person of property or money through the use of mail.
- Tax Fraud: This type of fraud consists of the intentional and willful intent to falsify information when completing a tax return in order to limit the amount of a business’s tax liability or an individual’s tax liability. Typically, those who commit this type of fraud overstate deductions or do not report income properly.
- Medicare fraud: This type of fraud is when a person falsifies a statement or misrepresents information to receive payment under a Medicare program.
- Bank fraud: This type of fraud includes offenses such as, check kiting, forging checks, obtaining fake loans, money laundering, and more.
- Mortgage fraud: This type of fraud includes inaccurately and intentionally inflating one’s assets or income when applying for a mortgage loan in order to increase the amount awarded in the mortgage loan.
- Securities fraud: This type of fraud includes crimes related to inside trading, securities, Ponzi schemes, accounting fraud, and more.
Each of the above crimes is comprised of various elements and must be proven by the government before a person can be convicted.
Call Our Phoenix Fraud Defense Lawyers Today
If you were charged with a fraud crime, it is crucial that you take action right away. When you choose to entrust your case with our legal team, you can rest easier knowing we will examine all the details of your case and determining which legal strategy can best safeguard your future. Because these types of cases are often highly complex, it is best to retain a member of our team immediately.
To discuss your case with a Phoenix fraud defense attorney, call Salvador Law Group now!